Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Home is where the heart is

I was going through my bunch of keys the other day after having gotten a new set of locks...

When going through the keys, I noticed this copy of a key I keep for someone I...Care about.

So in trying to remember which key goes where, (as I've two identical looking keys - one for my gate and one for the front door) I noticed the front door key is nearer to that person's key, while the gate key is further.

And I was saying to myself, coincidentally, at the point where I was holding the door key:

"Home is where the heart is"

And it just hit me.

Usually when people say that, they mean, their home (that is to say their house), is where their heart is.

In my situation though, that certainly isn't the case. Yet when I said that, those words popped in my head, and meant something entirely different.

Home, is where the heart is.

What's so different though?

When you love someone so much, with every fibre of your being, with your heart and soul, then your heart, is WITH that person.

And because of that, that person IS your home. Wherever that person is, wherever she (or he) is, that place will be your home.

5 Comments:

Blogger larnee said...

OMG! I know what you mean. I so know what you mean. Iqram... you write how i feel. You get me...

5:27 PM  
Blogger marquis said...

Guess we're on the same boat eh?

Sigh...

Home is where the heart is. But what happens if you don't know where your heart is?

1:54 PM  
Blogger larnee said...

i know where my heart is... melbourne. Sad that i've never been there b4...

8:21 PM  
Blogger vorac said...

hrmm insightful post..who is the lucky girl you care about? cant really put a finger on how you could think of so much through looking at a bunch of keys. you do loads of thinking huh? really insightful. Kinda agree, its not a home when there is no one there. moreover, no one you love.

9:26 AM  
Blogger marquis said...

Insightful? Lol. Not really. Just innane ramblings of a troubled mind.

Who's the girl? Someone :P

But true no? Home is where the heart is. Definitely not where my current home is. Or maybe it is.

I just don't know anymore. Lol

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home